Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Henry B. Hotz
Subject Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At 8:08 AM -0800 2/13/98, Thomas G. Lockhart wrote:
>Bruce, are you planning on keeping a ToDo list for the 6.3 release as

>_  68k/bsdXXX (Macintosh port) never successful? Needed 68k locking
>code??

That's NetBSD/m68k properly speaking since the difference between an Amiga,
an HP 300 and a Macintosh is only visible inside the kernel.  Userland
binaries are identical for all 68000 NetBSD ports.  Most likely my problems
would also exist for OpenBSD/m68k.

I wrote the 68k locking code and fixed the include file so it would
recognize that the code only existed for certain specific CPU's, not for
all NetBSD ports.  This was not strictly necessary to get it to work;  just
what I *could* do.

As of 6.2.x Postgres does not work with NetBSD/m68k.  I have not had time
to test with 6.3beta.  It dies during initdb, just like the linux/alpha
version.

Tom Helbekkmo reports that Postgres works just fine on NetBSD/sparc (though
you should check he's tried a recient version there), and I feel fairly
confident of NetBSD/i386 in view of the FreeBSD contengent.